Wyoming Corporation EIN

How do I get a federal tax identification number for my corporation?

Two ways. You can hire Buffalo Registered Agent to acquire a Federal Tax Identification Number (also known as your Employer Identification Number or EIN) for you. This saves you the hassle of having to deal directly with the IRS. We deal with the IRS every day, and we know the process back and front.

If you prefer to get one yourself:

You can now apply to get your Employer Identification Number online through the IRS website. Once you complete the online application, you will be issued an EIN immediately. To utilize this service, the principal officer, general partner, grantor, owner, trustor, etc. must have a valid Taxpayer Identification Number (Social Security Number, EIN, or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number).

You may also apply by fax or regular mail by filling out the Form SS-4 and faxing or mailing it to the proper address.

International applicants may call between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time Monday through Friday to acquire an EIN. The person making the call must be authorized to receive the EIN and answer all questions concerning the Form SS-4. The number is 267-941-1099 (not a toll-free number).

Non-US citizens must mail, fax or call to acquire an Federal Tax Identification Number.

Why do I need an EIN?

Federal Tax Identification Numbers allow the IRS to identify business entities for tax purposes. In order for your business and your employees to be properly taxed, the IRS must be able to identify your business.

In some cases, particular banks also require you to provide an EIN in order to open a business bank account.

I don’t have employees. Does my corporation still need a Federal Tax Identification Number?

Corporations are required by law to obtain an EIN. The IRS considers all corporations separate entities from their owners/shareholders.


What does it cost to get a Federal Tax Identification Number for my corporation?

You can order our Corporation Formation Package for $200. In the online order form, you can select to add a Federal Tax ID to your package for $50. When you make this selection, Buffalo Registered Agent will acquire a Federal Tax ID for your corporation.

If you choose to get an Federal Tax ID on your own, the IRS does not charge a fee.

I am not a US citizen. Can I still obtain a Federal Tax Identification Number for my corporation?

Yes. You may not, however, utilize the online application service.